I have been hosting Thanksgiving since we bought our house a couple years ago and I am always trying to switch it up with the side dishes to keep everyone on their toes. This is also something super quick you can whip up to take to any parties this seasons. If you want to juggle a complicated, multi-faceted salad while dealing with teething infants and grumpy toddlers, go right ahead. I prefer shit that will save my sanity, not contribute to the loss of it. This recipe is a sanity-saver for sure! Especially when it comes to Thanksgiving Dinner. It’s light enough to not overpower the focus of the feast, but it has a unique, creamy flavor that will stand out. Plus, it really could not be easier to whip this baby up leaving you plenty of extra time to hide in the bathroom with a glass of wine when your in-laws arrive.
2 – 3 large cucumbers
½ sweet onion
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 Tablespoons coarse sea salt
3-4 stalks of celery
Dill (to taste)
- Take your cucumber and slice it lengthwise, then slice thinly in to a mixing bowl
- Season with 2 Tablespoons sea salt
- Chop your sweet onion and add to the bowl, tossing to mix
- Chop 3-4 stalks of celery and combine in bowl
- Add your Greek yogurt and mix with a spoon making sure to cover all the cucumber slices
- Season with dill to taste
There you have it – the easiest make-ahead side dish for your Thanksgiving Feast! Super creamy, delicious and simple.