Bourbon Maple Glazed Carrots
Serves 8 | Prep: 10 min. | Cook Time: 40 min.
This is one of the most popular veggies I have cooked to date! I love how sweet and sticky they come out – like candy! This recipe is really simple to double if your cooking for a large group. Last year I made 5 lbs. of these suckers! They were freakin’ delicious but since I wasn’t feeding 50 people it was overkill. But that catastrophe is a story for another day.
Note that I have suggested a good QUALITY bourbon. This is really up to you – I have made this recipe with a store brand bourbon and the best of the best. Really it depends on what you’re doing with the extra bourbon – don’t be cheap, treat yo’ self!
3/4 cup Good quality Bourbon
½ Cup Butter
¼ cup Maple Syrup
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tsp. Dill
1 ½ pounds carrots; peeled and sliced ½ inch
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Add bourbon to sauté pan and cook over medium/high heat until reduced by half (approx.. 10 minutes)
- Add maples syrup, brown sugar, butter and stir
- Add carrots and toss to coat
- Reduce to medium/low heat and cook for 15-20 minutes – carrots will be tender but not soft
- Remove from heat, transfer to serving dish and garnish with dill.
These little puppies are so sweet, like candy! They are best served immediately, however I have kept a batch warm in the oven for 2 hours while before serving and they came out so soft and buttery! Everyone at my house loves this recipe and its such an easy recipe!
Make sure you check out my Thanksgiving Planning Guide to help you be the Host with the Most and make sure you’ve enough food for the big day!